Today, we will explain whole house reverse osmosis system, what is whole house water filter, how does reverse osmosis system work, how to get pure water with RO systems and how we can storage purified water in water storage tank and more.
What is Whole House Reverse Osmosis System?
A whole house reverse osmosis system is a water filtration system that filters the entirety of your home’s water through a reverse osmosis membrane. A whole house reverse osmosis system is installed at the point where water enters your home.
A typical whole house reverse osmosis system is including, raw water storage tank, prefilters or pretreatment, RO membranes, water supply system with UV Sterilizer.
Reverse Osmosis Technology uses a thin, semipermeable membrane with tiny pores that admit pure water through while keeping out bigger molecules like ionized dissolved salts and other impurities. Reverse osmosis generates highly purified water and is useful for industrial boilers, drinking water systems, seawater desalination, pharmaceutical production, cosmetics production, food and beverage processing and many other applications.
Is A Whole House Reverse Osmosis System Necessary
A whole house reverse osmosis system necessary for you or not is important question. There is some techniques to understand it.
In 5 steps, you can understand do you need whole house RO system:
1. Check your water TDS level
You can use TDS pen to understand Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) level. If your water TDS level is higher than 600ppm, WHO (World Health ORganization) does not allow to drink this water. If your water TDS is higher than 600ppm, you need whole house reverse osmosis system.
2. Do you feel hardness in your water?
Technically, if water hardness is more than 60ppm, you can feel dry skin after washing your hand or take shower. When you wash clothes in washing machine, you can see less foam and maybe washing machine cannot clean your clothes very well. Also, in dish washing machine, you see white stains on glasses. It means that you need whole house reverse osmosis system.
3. Do you see color or turbidity in your water?
Your city water quality can be very good, i am sure that is clean and safe water. But do you know at transportation of water with pipe and storage of water, there can be a lot of way for contamination with outside. Sometimes, because of heavy rain and maintenance job on the way, city pipes are damaged, and rainwater or surface water mix with your source water. Contaminated water goes to your storage tank and bacteria and viruses are growing more and more. Our suggestion is periodically checking your watercolor, algae, bacteria and organic compounds effect your water crystal transparency. If you always see turbidity or color on your water, you need whole house reverse osmosis system.
4. Do you have periodically diarrhea or stomach pain problem?
IF your water is not clean, it means bacteria and viruses are growing in it, you periodically get diarrhea or stomachache problem. Firstly, you check your water with laboratory or your local municipal. After you get test result, you check do you have bacteria and viruses in your water, if yes, you need whole house reverse osmosis system.
5. Do you have periodically clogged plumbing problem?
Faucet, shower head, water supply pipes are clogged easily in your home. Do you see white color at your shower head water outlet? Your kettle inside cover with white color? If you have yes one of them, you need whole house reverse osmosis system.
As you see, there are a lot of warning to understand do you need whole house reverse osmosis system or not.
How To Install Whole House Reverse Osmosis System?
Chunke Whole House Reverse Osmosis System is skid mounted plug and play type water treatment filtration system. Therefore, first of all you connect main inlet pipe, wastewater out to drain, and pure water outlet to your main water supply or purified water storage tank.
Here, there is a video to show how to connect reverse osmosis water filter and operate RO Plant.
What Is the Best Whole House Reverse Osmosis System?
Best whole house reverse osmosis system is which solve your water problem sustainable, robust and high quality with affordable price.
Chunke whole house reverse osmosis systems are using well known international brands like Grundfos, Hydranautics, Dupont Filmtec, Schneider, Mitsubishi, Siemens, CNP, Vontron… etc. And we are using best quality material to produce home RO system.
How Much Is a Whole House Reverse Osmosis System?
Customers are asking “How much does a whole house reverse osmosis system cost?”. It depends on which material, brand and your water source.
We have Stainless Steel 304, Stainless Steel 316, FRP and U-PVC options. Also for brand high quality USA, European and Chinese brand options.
If your source water is well water, we have to check water analysis report very well, is it salty or not, is there any other dangerous mineral or compounds in it? Do not forget, RO Filtration System cost increases with salt content. Sea Water desalination Reverse Osmosis Systems are more and more expensive than tap water RO Plant.
Here, we have calculator to check reverse osmosis system cost.
Can I Use Whole House Reverse Osmosis System for Well Water?
Yes, you can use it. Whole house reverse osmosis system contains pretreatment, reverse osmosis membrane filtration and UV Sterilization.
- Reverse Osmosis Systems use a process that reverses the flow of water in a natural process of osmosis so that water passes from a more concentrated solution to a more dilute solution through a semi-permeable membrane. Pre- and post-filters are often incorporated along with the reverse osmosis membrane itself.
- A reverse osmosis filter has a pore size of approximately 0.0001 micron.
- Reverse Osmosis Systems have a very high effectiveness in removing protozoa (for example, Cryptosporidium, Giardia);
- Reverse Osmosis Systems have a very high effectiveness in removing bacteria (for example, Campylobacter, Salmonella, Shigella, E. coli);
- Reverse Osmosis Systems have a very high effectiveness in removing viruses (for example, Enteric, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Rotavirus);
- Reverse Osmosis Systems will remove common chemical contaminants (metal ions, aqueous salts), including sodium, chloride, copper, chromium, and lead; may reduce arsenic, fluoride, radium, sulfate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, nitrate, and phosphorous.
Ultraviolet Treatment Systems (with pre-filtration)
- Ultraviolet Treatment with pre-filtration is a treatment process that uses ultraviolet light to disinfect water or reduce the number of bacteria present.
- Ultraviolet Treatment Systems have a very high effectiveness in removing protozoa (for example, Cryptosporidium, Giardia);
- Ultraviolet Treatment Systems have a very high effectiveness in removing bacteria (for example, Campylobacter, Salmonella, Shigella, E. coli);
- Ultraviolet Treatment Systems have a high effectiveness in removing viruses (for example, Enteric, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Rotavirus);
- Ultraviolet Treatment Systems are not effective in removing chemicals.
Water Softeners use ion exchange technology for chemical or ion removal to reduce the amount of hardness (calcium, magnesium) in the water; they can also be designed to remove iron and manganese, heavy metals, some radioactivity, nitrates, arsenic, chromium, selenium, and sulfate. They do not protect against protozoa, bacteria, and viruses.
How To Maintenance a Whole House Reverse Osmosis System?
In a whole house reverse osmosis system, there are some comsuamble materials, such as Quartz Sand, Activated Carbon, Ion Exchange Resin, PP Filter and RO Membranes.
You have to change Quartz Sand, Activated Carbon and Exchange Resin in 1-2 years. Water softener need industrial NaCl salt, you can add periodically in regeneration salt tanks. PP filter should be changed in every month. RO membranes are change in every 3-5 years.
Also, depends on water source, if you need chemical dosing system, you have to use chemicals for antifouling, antiscalant, pH, biocide, antioxidant…etc. Chemical quantity is dependent on your water analysis report, exactly usage, we can give you after see your test report.
To get clean, safe home water, you can choose one of CHUNKE house RO system from below. When you buy RO Water Treatment System from Chunke, in fact that you choose best RO system on the market.
Capacity Range: 2m3 to 72m3/Day
Membrane Diameter: 2.5″-4″
Working Pressure: 150 to 250psi
Feed Water TDS: 1000 to 10.000ppm
Capacity Range: 2m3 to 72m3/Day
Membrane Diameter: 2.5″-4″
Working Pressure: 150psi
Feed Water TDS: 0-2000ppm